The National Association of Distance Education and Open Learning in South Africa
Innovative open learning practices to build a quality integrated post schooling system
8th and 9th July 2015 at the Durban University of Technology
EXTENDED CALL FOR PAPERS AND FIRST PROGRAMME ANNOUNCEMENT
We believe that practitioners across the universities, TVET Colleges and emerging Community Colleges will find much of interest and benefit at this year's Conference.
Extended date for submission of Abstracts
The link for the online abstract submission form is here: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION Authors will be notified within a week of submission if their papers have been accepted.
Three pre-conference workshops:
- Tuesday 7 July all day: "Building an Expanded, Effective and Integrated Post School System - How can institutions begin to implement this?"
- Tuesday 7 July morning: "Accessing and using Open Education Resources for the Post Schooling sector."
- Tuesday 7 July afternoon: "Workshop or Discussion around the development and capacity building of the Community Colleges"
The Conference will open with a Colloquium on "Implementing Policy through Collaboration" with speakers from Durban University of Technology, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Univeristy and UNISA.
Other panels and keynotes
- What research indicates as the way forward for growth in the Post Schooling system.
- Capacity Building for Distance Education.
- Prof Ahmed Bawa (VC DUT)
- Ivor Baatjes (NMMU)
- Prof Daniella Coetzee (UFS)
- Dr Maria Madiope (UNISA)
- Prof Veronica Mckay (UNISA)
Registration Opening Soon
We will be opening registration shortly and will send out a more detailed programme with the online registration forms. Watch this space!