LEARNER INFORMATION - FIRE FIGHTING
Unit Std Title : Apply firefighting techniques
Unit Standard ID : 252250
Purpose for Training:
A learner credited with this unit standard will be capable of identifying, containing, preventing and extinguishing different types of fires by operating basic firefighting equipment.
Summary of outcomes:
Identify different types of fires, explain and practice fire prevention.
Operate basic firefighting equipment.
Summary of assessment criteria:
• The causes of fire are identified in accordance with industry practice.
• The classes of fires are explained according to industry practice.
• The prevention of fires is explained in relation to general organisational housekeeping.
• The type of firefighting equipment is identified in relation to specific types of fires.
• Fire prevention is explained in relation to industry safe practices (OHS Act) and company specific procedures.
• The steps to be taken when containing fires are described in accordance with organisational procedures.